French Country Pizza
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1medium white onion, cut into slices
- 1tablespoon butter
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut lengthwise into strips
- 6-- individual baked pizza crusts
- -- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1-- (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 3tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2teaspoons pepper
- 3cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-- (2-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Separate the onion slices into rings. Saute in the butter in a skillet until caramelized.
- Arrange the chicken on the pizza crusts, beginning at the center and moving outward to form a star.
- Layer the spinach, tomatoes and caramelized onions over the pizza.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese and olives over the top.
- Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile, 1999)