French Almond Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
This is a recipe that I copied from the Julia Child tv show years ago. This recipe is simple and I have served it to many.
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4cup blanched almonds, pulverized in blender with 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tablespoon rum, kirsch or vanilla extract
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/8teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2cup sifted cake flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar together in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add almonds and beat 1 minute.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing between each addition. Add baking powder and flavorings.
- Gently fold in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Fold batter into pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This tasty cake is good with a light glaze or served with fresh fruit.
Recipe by Elizabeth Monson, Idyllwild, Calif.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 135
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 95mg
- Potassium 50mg
- Carbohydrate 13.5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 2g
- Trans Fat 0g