Four Cheese Lasagna
- Yield 12 servings
Silken tofu enhances the white sauce and combines with three other cheeses for a creamy, flavorful filling.
Chopped fresh spinach would be a great addition too.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 -- (12.3-ounce) package silken firm tofu, divided
- 2 -- (5-ounce) tubs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 -- (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese or light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in flour, whisk well, and cook 2 minutes. Add milk, whisking vigorously. Cook 3 minutes or until thick. Add half of tofu, whisk well.
- Combine remaining tofu, cheeses, walnuts, parsley and rosemary; stir well. Spread 1 cup sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles and a layer of cheese mixture over sauce; repeat layering ending with sauce. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until browned.
Recipe by the Ohio Soybean Council.