Fork Tender Pot Roast
- 1 pound boneless chuck roast
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -- onion
- 3 -- bay leaves
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Red Wine (merlot, shiraz or other)
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Make seasoning by combining salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of house seasoning on all sides of roast.
Over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil.
Place roast in slow cooker and add onions and bay leaves. In a separate bowl, combine bouillon cubes, crushed garlic, cream of mushroom soup and red wine. Pour over roast.
Cook on low setting for 8 hours or until fork tender.