Fork Tender Pot Roast
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound boneless chuck roast
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 1-- onion
- 3-- bay leaves
- 2cloves crushed garlic
- 1can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2cup Red Wine (merlot, shiraz or other)
- 4tablespoons salt
- 1tablespoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- Make seasoning by combining salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of house seasoning on all sides of roast.
- Over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil.
- Place roast in slow cooker and add onions and bay leaves. In a separate bowl, combine bouillon cubes, crushed garlic, cream of mushroom soup and red wine. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours or until fork tender.