Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Yield 24 servings
It's hard not to make perfect fudge everytime with this recipe.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans and vanilla. Spread in a waxed-paper lined 8-inch pan. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Invert onto a cutting board and cut into squares. Store, loosely covered, at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Louisiana Farm Bureau Women’s Louisiana Temptations (the Louisiana Farm Bureau Federation, Inc., Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1996)