Fluffy Cranberry Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
"My best friend and neighbor gave me this recipe in 1960. No Christmas will ever pass without my Fluffy Cranberry Salad being the highlight of dinner. My daughter would be very sad if I didn't serve it."
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed and well drained
- 1cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
- 1cup miniature marshmallows
- 1cup chopped walnuts
- 1cup seedless red or green grapes, cut in half
- 1pint whipping cream
- Place the cranberries and sugar in a food processor and pulse to a coarse texture. Place in a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the pineapple, marshmallows, walnuts and grapes to the chilled cranberry mixture.
- Pour the whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until firm peaks form. Fold into the cranberry mixture.
Recipe by Estelle Bowden, Garden City, Mich.