Flourless Chocolate Cake with Strawberries and Cream
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Our flourless chocolate cake with mounds of fresh berries and a pillowy dollop of non-dairy topping is a perfect pick for summertime.
If desired, drizzle top with thin threads of melted dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup non-dairy topping
- 2 cups strawberries, whole and halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and cocoa; shake off excess cocoa.
- Place butter in large bowl; beat until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar; beat until creamy. Add almonds, chocolate and egg yolks; beat thoroughly with a mixer at medium speed. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form (do not overbeat). Stir one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. Release sides of pan and slide onto a serving plate.
- Top cake with non-dairy topping and strawberries.
Recipe by Marge Perry
For a complete menu featuring Flourless Chocolate Cake, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.