Flounder Fillets with Carrots
- Yield servings
Cooked in the microwave, this flounder dish is quick-and-easy.
- 1 pound (4 large) julienne carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -- (4- to 5-ounce) flounder fillets
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine carrots, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper in a 7 x11 x 2-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 5 minutes, stirring once.
- To make an even thickness, fold thin fillets over or bend long fillets. Place fillets on top of carrots. Combine the mustard and honey and spread over fillets.
- Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 2 minutes. Rotate fillets, placing cooked parts toward the center and continue to cook 1-3 minutes longer or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Let stand, covered 2 minutes. Arrange fish and carrots on 4 warm plates.