- Yield servings
Here's a crunchy Romaine salad, as written by 11-year-old Sam, who calls this salad “awesome.”
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- White cider vinegar
- Take a large wooden salad bowl.
- Take one clove of garlic that is peeled and put it in the bowl.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Mash the garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl with a fork.
- Add 3 parts olive oil to 1 part white cider vinegar.
- Mix it all up.
- Next, get Romaine Lettuce and rinse it in a colander.
- Tear the lettuce in up in small pieces.
- Shake the lettuce in the colander over the sink, and then dry it with a paper towel or dry dishtowel.
- Put the lettuce in the bowl.
- Mix it up with two big mixing spoons.
- Serve, Eat and Enjoy.