Flatbread with Wisconsin Aged Cheddar and Maple Bacon
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4ounces bacon, chopped
- 1/4cup pure maple syrup
- 1 (6-inch) flatbread crust
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1cup 2-year Aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Place bacon in sauté pan over medium to high heat and fry for about 4 minutes, until fat is rendered. Drain fat anddiscard. Add maple syrup to bacon and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour maple bacon onto parchment paper and separate pieces; cool and set aside.
- Place pizza stone in cold oven. Preheat oven to 400F. Meanwhile, sprinkle 3/4 cup Cheddar over flatbread crust. Place apple rounds over cheese, top with the maple bacon, and remaining shredded Cheddar. Place flatbread on hot pizza stone and bake 12-15 minutes, until crust edges are deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cut into 8 pieces. Top with sliced scallions and serve immediately.