Flash in the Pan Romaine
- Yield 4 servings
Trust us, cooked lettuce is way more sensational than it may sound.
You can substitute virtually any type of leafy green for this side dish, which pairs beautifully with sautéed shrimp and wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan Reggiano or Asiago cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and saute one minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add romaine and stir frequently, sauteing for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (or until mostly wilted.) Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Serve warm.