Flash in the Pan Romaine
- Yield: 4 servings
You can substitute virtually any type of leafy green for this side dish, which pairs beautifully with sautéed shrimp and wild rice.
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon shaved Parmesan Reggiano or Asiago cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and saute one minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add romaine and stir frequently, sauteing for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (or until mostly wilted.) Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Serve warm.