Five Spice Mushrooms with Udon Noodles
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package white or creminin mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried udon noodles
- 5cups water
- 2tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon five-spice powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4teaspoon five spice powder
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Cook the udon noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside (you might want to drizzle a small amount of oil on the noodles to prevent them from sticking).
- While the noodles are cooking, bring the 5 cups of water to a rolling boil and add the asparagus. Blanche them for no more than 45 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown and fragrant. Next add the mushrooms, five-spice powder and salt, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the blanched asparagus and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Finally, add the noodles and prepared sauce to the vegetables and mix well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 470
- Fat 25g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 1610mg
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 20g
- Protein 10g