- Apple Rings:
- 3 Granny Smith, Fuji or Gala apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Five Spice Marinade:
- 2tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2tablespoons melted butter
- 1tablespoon minced ginger root
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4cup orange juice or ginger ale
- 1/2teaspoon 5-spice powder or garam masala*
- 2tablespoons chopped nuts
blog comments powered by
- To make apples: Leave peels on apples. Remove cores with a small apple corer or melon baller. Cut apples into 1/2-inch-thick rings. Fill a nonreactive medium bowl with 2 cups water and squeeze lemon into it. Place apple slices into acidified water while you make marinade.
- To make marinade: Combine maple syrup, ginger root, lemon juice, orange juice and spice powder in a nonreactive medium bowl. Drain apples and place in marinade 20 minutes while you heat grill. Grill apple slices over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden while basting with marinade. Pour any remaining marinade over apples and serve sprinkled with chopped nuts.