Five Flavor Broccoli with Almonds
- Yield 2 servings
This broccoli is full of robust flavors.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce or to tamari
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add broccoli and cook 2 minutes until tender. Immediately drain and rinse with ice-cold water to preserve bright green color. Can be done up to two days before finishing dish.
- When ready to serve, heat oils in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and almonds. Saute 1 minute until mixture is lightly browned. Add blanched broccoli and mix well. Sprinkle soy sauce over all and serve.