Five Chip Cookies
- Yield 48 to 60 pieces
Chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla and butterscotch chips star in these delicious cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup good-quality smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) vanilla chips
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) butterscotch chips
- Mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt together. Beat the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and dry ingredients. Stir in the milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, vanilla chips and butterscotch chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheets. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Heritage Hall’s To Learn, to Lead…To Serve(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2008).