Fish Sticks in a Flash
- Yield 4 servings
Kids love fish sticks, and the entire family will love these crispy, delicious "cat-tails!"
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- Preheat the oven to 475F. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, cheese, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Place the oil in a small bowl. Lightly coat each piece of fish in the oil and then roll in the breading until well coated.
- Arrange the fish on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers.