Fish Soft Tacos
- Yield 8 servings
Taco-seasoned fish topped with mild creamy coleslaw and tomatoes served in a corn tortilla—a great low-fat meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cole slaw (shredded cabbage)
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Toss fish with taco seasoning and lime juice in a plastic bag. Coat thoroughly.
- Saute fish in a nonstick skillet for 5-7 minutes, or after fish becomes flakey.
- Mix coleslaw, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions and green chilies, add seasoning to taste then set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with fish, coleslaw mixture and tomatoes.