Fish Sauce Caesar Dressing
- Yield 12 servings
Salty fish sauce stands in for traditional anchovies in this creamy dressing.
- 1 large pasteurized shell egg
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mild oil (olive or grapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine egg, garlic, fish sauce, lemon juice and mustard in a blender jar. Process to blend. With machine running, slowly add oil, processing until mixture is emulsified. The dressing should still be thin, not quite as thick as an aioli. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir in cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Chris Chamberlain