- Yield 4 servings
The creamy spinach topped with the dill-seasoned fish is a delicious dish and an attractive presentation.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain very well; set aside.
- Place flour in a small saucepan and gradually whisk in milk and chicken broth. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in sour cream. Stir 1 cup of the sauce into spinach, mixing well.
- Spread creamed spinach on the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange fish fillets over spinach. Sprinkle fish with dillweed and salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour remaining sauce over fish. Bake, covered with foil, 30 minutes, or until fish is done and flakes easily when tested with a fork.