- Yield 8 servings
Pop a fish cake in a bun for unique and tasty “burger.”
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (red snapper, trout or your choice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash hot sauce
- 3/4 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a nonstick skillet and a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop fish in a food processor, or slice into small pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, green and red pepper, and garlic until tender, 5 minutes. Add sautéed seasonings, egg whites, salt and pepper, hot sauce to fish; mix well. Combine mixture with cracker crumbs and green onions until texture can form patties.
- Create 8 patties and bake until fish is flakey, around 30 minutes.