Fourth of July Firecracker Cheesecake
- Yield: 20 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 200 mins
Be sure to cook this cheesecake in a water bath (bain marie) to prevent uneven baking and over heating. You’ll need a stand mixer to beat the cream cheese.
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1cup blueberries
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3cup sugar
- 5tablespoons butter, melted
- 3pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/3cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3cup heavy cream
- Small strawberries and blueberries for garnish
- To prepare sauce, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until blueberries begin to release their juices. Mash some of the blueberries against the side of the pan. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Wrap the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with foil.
- To prepare crust, combine all ingredients and press into the bottom of pan.
- To prepare filling, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Combine eggs and egg yolks in a small bowl. Beat lightly. Slowly add eggs to cream cheese mixture while beating. Add heavy cream and beat, scraping the sides of bowl occasionally, until smooth.
- Pour one-quarter of the batter into another bowl. Stir in blueberry sauce.
- Pour half the unflavored batter over crust. Pour fruit-flavored batter on top. Swirl with a spoon or knife. Top with remaining unflavored batter. Swirl again.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan. Place on the center rack of oven. Pour in hot water to a depth of 1-inch. Bake 3 hours. Remove from oven. Let cool. Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving. Garnish with strawberries and blueberries.
You can flavor this cheesecake with anything you like. Here are some variations we like:
- 1 cup chocolate mocha sauce
- 1 cup chopped peaches cooked in 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or Kalua. (If making a liqueur-flavored cake, mix liqueur into all the batter instead of into one-quarter.)
—Recipe adapted with permission from Puckett’s Grocery, Franklin, Tenn.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 384
- Fat 30g
- Saturated Fat 16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 136mg
- Sodium 280mg
- Potassium 120mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 23g
- Protein 5.5g