Fire-Roasted Corn Salsa
- Yield 4 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A classic Southwestern salsa just made for a plump and juicy grilled steak.
Relish wine experts Wini Mornaville and Charles Smothermon note when serving this with grilled steak, you need structure to your wine to stand up to the meat and the bold spices of the salsa. They recommend a well-chilled rosé in a crisp, food-friendly style will mesh well with all that's going on in the dish.
- 2 -- tomatoes
- 1 -- ear of corn, husked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 -- jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the grill.
- Place tomatoes and corn on grill grate over high heat until lightly charred and tender.
- Dice tomatoes. Cut kernels off corn. Combine tomatoes and corn kernels with remaining ingredients.
Recipe by Peter Bronski.