Fillet of Red Snapper Amandine
- Yield 6 servings
The amandine sauce is excellent with other fish.
- 6 -- fillets of red snapper
- -- Salt and pepper
- -- Flour for dredging
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup almonds, bleached and sliced
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 -- Lemon
For the fillets:
- Wipe fillets with a damp cloth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge in a little flour.
- Saute in 1/2 cup melted butter until done but not too brown. Place fillets in a pan.
For the amandine:
- Mix almonds and 1 cup melted butter in a skillet. Heat until almonds are light brown.
- Pour almond mixture over red snapper fillets and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place in a 375 degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tampa, Inc., The Gasparilla Cookbook, Favorite Florida West Coast Recipes, (The Junior Leage of Tampa, Inc., 1961)