Figs with Ricotta, Honey and Walnuts
- Yield: 6 servings
- 18-- fresh figs, stems removed
- 1/2cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts
- -- Sprinkle of fresh grated black pepper
- Cut each fig into 4 wedges, cutting to, but not through, the base of the fig, opening like a flower. Spread the wedges apart slightly; place 3 figs on each of 6 dessert plates.
- Fill each fig with 2 teaspoons of the ricotta.
- Generously drizzle the honey over the figs.
- Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and black pepper.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Under the Fig Leaf; A Cookbook for Fig Lovers (copyright 2009, Sherri Lee Parker Lee).