Chicken Prosciutto & Fig Cavatappi
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8ounces cavatappi pasta
- 2cloves garlic, finely minced
- 5tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4tablespoons flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2cups milk
- 1cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2cups Italian Cheese Blend
- 1/2cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4ounces prosciutto (preferably smoked, AKA speck), thinly sliced and chopped
- 1cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using non-stick cooking spray, grease a 2-quart baking dish.
Fill a large pot 1/2 way with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 2-3 minutes less than the package suggests. Drain.
In a large pot over low heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add in salt and pepper, and, with a wire whisk, gradually add the milk and cream. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Reduce heat, and then simmer for 1 minute. Stir in 2 Italian Cheese Blend and blue cheese until melted and smooth. Add chicken, prosciutto, figs, 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, and cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Pour into greased casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon butter, 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, and remaining 1/2 cup Italian Cheese Blend. Sprinkle on top of pasta.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to bubble and the top starts to become golden brown. Drizzle with good quality olive oil.
Makes 8 servings.