Fig and Walnut Amuse-Bouche
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
For a simple yet stunning appetizer, these bite-sized morsels are incredibly delicious.
The combination of fresh figs, prosciutto, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts is exceptionally good.
- 8 -- medium to large-sized fresh figs
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 32 -- California walnut halves, toasted
- Cut the tips off the figs and quarter lengthwise.
- Cut each piece of prosciutto in half, lengthwise.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around the bottom each fig quarter so that the fig is nestled in the prosciutto.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Gorgonzola over each fig and top each with a toasted walnut half.
- Serve at room temperature as an hors d’oeuvre or on a bed of baby arugula and drizzle with aged balsamic as a starter.