Fig and Prosciutto Sandwiches with Ricotta
- Yield: 5 to 10 servings
- 10slices crusty fresh bread
- 1 1/4cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 4teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10slices prosciutto
- 10 fresh green figs or red figs, cut into wedges 1/4-inch thick
- 2tablespoons honey, or more to taste
- Spread each of the bread slices with the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto on each bread slice.
- Arrange the figs on top of the prosciutto, dividing evenly among each sandwich.
- Drizzle the honey over the tops of each. Serve sandwiches open face.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club, Main Line Entertains (The Saturday Club, 2005)