Fiesta Taco Soup
- Yield: servings
The spicy soup recipe submitted by Nadine Sager of Adrian, Mich., includes salsa which, depending on your preference for the hot or mild variety, can wake up your taste buds as well. 'Serve it with grated Mexican-blend cheese and taco chips,' Sager suggests. 'It's great reheated too.'
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans (or mashed pinto beans)
- 1 16- or 24-ounce jar salsa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 13-ounce can beef broth
- Brown ground beef in a large pot and drain excess grease. Stir in the refried beans until evenly blended. Add remaining ingredients and stir until heated through.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Diced cooked chicken and chicken broth can be substituted for the beef and beef broth. Serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Recipe by Nadine Sager, Adrian, Mich.