Fiesta Southwestern Cheesecake
- Yield 25 servings
Make ahead and freeze this savory Southwestern-style cheesecake for an appetizer taste sensation.
- 1 cup toasted corn checks cereal crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cereal crumbs, butter, oil and mold along the bottom of the pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, egg and egg whites until creamy. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, mixing well.
- Spoon in cheddar cheese, green chilies, green onions and onion. Spread half the mixture over crust, followed with with 1 cup salsa, and cover with remaining cream cheese mixture; do not mix.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before running a knife around the pan to loosen edges. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Before serving, add an additional layer of salsa on top.