Fiesta Potato Casserole
- Yield 10 servings
This recipes takes mashed potatoes to another level.
- 3 pounds baking potatoes (about 8 to 10), peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large nonstick baking dish with cooking spray.
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, then add margarine and cream cheese and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese, green and red peppers, Parmesan cheese, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in baking dish and bake 30-40 minutes until cheese is bubbly.