Fiesta Brunch Strata
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 55 mins
Make it; keep it in the refrigerator overnight; bake it and serve a hearty brunch entrée.
- 12 slices bread, lightly buttered and cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 -- eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 -- (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 -- (2.5-ounce) can diced pimiento, drained
- Arrange half the bread cubes in bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Spread chicken and raisins over bread. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, green chiles and pimiento; mix well. Pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Uncover strata. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with salsa, if desired.