Fiesta Brunch Strata
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 55 mins
Make it; keep it in the refrigerator overnight; bake it and serve a hearty brunch entrée.
- 12 slices bread, lightly buttered and cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (2.5-ounce) can diced pimiento, drained
- Arrange half the bread cubes in bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Spread chicken and raisins over bread. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, green chiles and pimiento; mix well. Pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Uncover strata. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board