Fiery Beef Satay Skewers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- 5 to 6-- green onions, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2cup country Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 1/4cup honey
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4teaspoons bottled minced or fresh crushed garlic
- 1tablespoon ground red pepper
- In large shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients; whisk until blended. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread an equal amount of beef and green onion pieces onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, basting frequently with reserved 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.