Field Greens with Raspberries and Candied Walnuts
- Yield 2 servings
The juicy, ripe berries taste vibrant against slightly bitter greens and roasted nuts. This course really gets your taste buds hopping and prepares them for the main event.
- Candied Walnuts:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Field Greens with Raspberries:
- 4 ounces field greens
- 1/2 pint raspberries, washed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive or walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make nuts: Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and sugar. Saute 2 minutes until walnuts are golden brown and sugar melts over walnuts. Set aside to cool.
- To make greens: Place field greens in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle raspberries, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper over greens and toss gently. Divide between 2 plates and sprinkle candied walnuts over greens.