Greens with Asparagus and Raspberries
- Yield 4 servings
This salad with asparagus, goat cheese and raspberries is an amazing combination of flavors.
- Candied Walnuts:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Field Green Salad:
- 9 ounces bag field greens
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pound asparagus, cooked until tender and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive or walnut oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mild goat cheese or goat cheese crumbles
- To prepare walnuts, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and sauté. Sprinkle with sugar and continue sautéing 2 minutes until sugar is melted and golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To prepare salad, place greens in a large salad bowl. Add raspberries, asparagus, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Add goat cheese and lightly mix. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle candied walnuts over tops.
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky