Fettuccine with Shrimp, Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Since the tomatoes are drained, a light, delicate sauce is formed when you combine the chopped tomatoes with the chicken broth and white wine.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and celery over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 more minute. Sprinkle flour over vegetables. Stir in chicken broth, chopped canned tomatoes, white wine and basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until slightly thickened, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and shrimp, cooking until shrimp are done, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and toss sauce with pasta.