Fettuccine with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Yield servings
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus spears, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white whine or chicken broth
- 1 cup cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cover dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain. Chop tomatoes.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and basil; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until tomatoes are heated.
- In a small bowl, place wine and broth, beat in cornstarch, salt and pepper with whisk until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling over with medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker’s Living with Cancer Cookbook by Kris Gosh, M.D., M.B.A. and Linda Carson, M.D. (c) John Wiley & Sons Inc.