Fettuccine with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Yield: servings
- 1/4cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 8ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1pound thin fresh asparagus spears, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1cup dry white whine or chicken broth
- 1cup cup chicken broth
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cover dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain. Chop tomatoes.
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and basil; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until tomatoes are heated.
- In a small bowl, place wine and broth, beat in cornstarch, salt and pepper with whisk until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling over with medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over fettuccine. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker’s Living with Cancer Cookbook by Kris Gosh, M.D., M.B.A. and Linda Carson, M.D. (c) John Wiley & Sons Inc.