- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A great pasta dish with spinach and ricotta cheese.
- 1 (12-ounce) package fettuccine noodles
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the fettuccine according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, squeeze spinach of any liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until mixture is heated, about 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese and milk, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked fettuccine to pan and toss.