Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp, Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 2 pounds fettuccine
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cream, half-and-half and lemon juice in a large deep skillet; cook over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add pasta mixture to cream mixture; stir well. Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook, tossing fettuccine, until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and mushrooms. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Kristine Gasbarre.