Feta Cheese Snowball with Olive Relish from Town House
- Yield: 28 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4cup chopped pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 3tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4cup pitted kalamata or other black olives, sliced
- 3/4cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and feta cheese on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in pine nuts or almonds and onion. Using plastic wrap, shape into ball. Wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together black olives, green olives, parsley, oregano, bell pepper, oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Place cheese on serving platter. Surround with olive mixture. Serve with crackers.
Note: Soften cream cheese in microwave on HIGH for 15 to 20 seconds. To toast pine nuts or almonds, spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.
–Recipe used with permission of Town House.