Festive Thai Shrimp
- Yield: 5 servings
- 8ounces dried whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-- 16-ounce bag frozen tri-color pepper strips, thawed
- 1 1/2cups all-natural chicken broth
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup Thai peanut sauce or peanut satay stir-fry sauce
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1pound small or medium cooked shrimp, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the peppers and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, flour, peanut sauce, and salt until well blended. Add the broth mixture to the peppers and onion and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer and stir gently until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Add the pasta and shrimp and heat through. Place in individual bowls, top with peanuts, and serve.