Festive Focaccia Pizza Bread
- Yield 10-12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pitted California Rip Olives, sliced in thirds (rinse and pat dry before slicing)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup (1 medium) thinly sliced onion
- 1-1/2 cup shredded classic or Hickory Smoked Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5/8 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper to taste
Pat and stretch dough to fit 12-inch round baking pan. Cover with oiled waxed paper and let rise in a warm place until doubled – about an hour.
Preheat oven to 375F. Dimple dough with fingertips, making deep indentations. Sprinkle first with herbs, then with olives, walnuts, onions and cheese. Drizzle oil and grind pepper overall.
In lower third of oven, bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Or cool completely, wrap, refrigerate and reheat to serve.