Festive Eggnog Cookies
- Yield 36 servings
The use of eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg in these cookies make them scream--HOLIDAYS!!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 -- egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each sugar and nutmeg
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg together. Cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog, egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheets. Sprinkle with mixture of remaining sugar and nutmeg. Bake at 300F for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).