Festive Eggnog Cookies
- Yield: 36 servings
- 2 1/4cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3/4cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 1/2cup eggnog
- 2-- egg yolks
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2teaspoons each sugar and nutmeg
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg together. Cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog, egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour mixture, stirring just until mixed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheets. Sprinkle with mixture of remaining sugar and nutmeg. Bake at 300F for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club’s Main Line Classics II: Cooking Up A Little History (Wayne, Pennsylvania, 1996).