Festive Cranberry Salad
- Yield 12 servings
"This dish is easy to fix ahead and store frozen afterward. It accompanies any entree and adds color to a food plate. It makes a generous amount and can be cut into larger or smaller pieces to suit the number of eaters, so I have never run out when serving it."
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup nuts (preferably pecans)
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- Mix all ingredients except whipped topping in a bowl.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour in a 13 x 9-inch container and freeze. Remove from freezer about five minutes before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Serve this sweet salad with colorful fresh fruit garnishes such as kiwi, mandarin oranges, cranberries, or strawberries.
—Barbara Dabul, Paso Robles, Calif., Calif.