Festive Carrot Apple Salad
- Yield 8-10 servings
A colorful salad with nuts, raisins, and pineapple
"We like this salad any time of the year. It's an easy one to take to 'dish to pass' and holiday gatherings because it's colorful and good."
- 2 to 3 cups grated carrots
- 3 cups diced apple (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins or red or green grapes
- 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces or sunflower seeds
- 1 (8-ounce) pineapple yogurt
- Mix ingredients together.
- Refrigerate. Can be made several hours before mealtime.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Lemon or vanilla yogurt makes a nice substitute if pineapple yogurt is hard to find.
—Gretchen Knoll, Canisteo, N.Y .