Fennel & Zucchini Carpaccio
- Yield 2-3 servings
- 9 ounces young green courgette/zucchini
- 6 1/2 ounces young fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives or spring onions/scallions
- 2 small fresh rosemary sprigs, whole
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed or other oil
- 1 teaspoon organic mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon raw agave nector
Very thinly slice the zucchini and fennel with a sharp knife or mandoline and put in a shallow bowl.
Mix together all the remaining ingredients to make a marinade and spread over the vegetables in the bowl. Allow to marinate for several hours before serving.
Any leftovers can stay in the fridge for a few days, as the marinating process will continue and the veggies will acquire a stronger, slightly pungent taste.
Reprinted with permission from Raw Food Kitchen by Dunja Gulin, Ryland Peters & Small.