Fennel, Apple and Radicchio Salad with Walnuts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -- tart green apple, unpeeled
- 3 large fennel bulbs with tops
- 3 -- radicchio, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cup California walnuts, toasted, chopped
- -- Boston lettuce leaves
Combine lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, pepper and parsley in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Cut apples in half, core. Slice thinly or julienne. Add to dressing, stirring to coat. Set aside.
Trim stems from fennel bulbs; set aside some of the fronds for garnish. Cut fennel in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Combine fennel and radicchio in large bowl.
Reserve 3/4 cup of the walnuts for sprinkling on top. Add remaining walnuts and apple mixture; toss to combine.
Plate on a bed of Boston lettuce leaves. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbsp of walnuts and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here