Fat-Free Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Enjoy these creamy mashed potatoes without the guilt.
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 dashes Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Pare the potatoes or leave skin on, according to taste. Cut into 1-inch cubes, and place in heavy medium saucepan. Add water, garlic, parsley, Tabasco and salt, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes, stirring and breaking potatoes up with a fork. Add more hot water if potatoes seem too dry.
- Continue stirring and mashing potatoes for about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed and the potatoes are soft and lumpy.
- Remove from heat, stir in the mustards, horseradish and sour cream.