- Yield 2 servings
Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers star in this healthy, low-fat bread salad.
- 2 -- tomatoes
- 1 -- seedless cucumber
- 1 -- yellow, orange, or red bell pepper
- 4 -- green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 cups French bread chunks
- Cut tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper into bite-size pieces. Place in large bowl. Stir in green onions, basil, capers, and salad dressing and toss gently. Add bread chunks and mix again.
Recipe courtesy of Mary McDougall of the McDougall Program.