Farmers’ Market Vegetable Soup
- Yield servings
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, and broth in large saucepan; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, beans, peas, oregano, salt, and pepper to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer. Remove pot from heat and stir in basil. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
Healthy Extra: Add 1 small green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch dice,to the soup along with the tomatoes in step 2.
Weight Watchers; 2012. Used by permission of John Wiley & Sons.