Farfalle with Fresh Mushroom and Prosciutto Ragu
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This pasta dish is easy-to-make and full of savory flavors.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, diced
- 1/4 pound crimini mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 1/4 pound button mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as cabernet
- 1 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Cracked black pepper
- Soft mild cheese such as Taleggio for topping, if desired
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if needed
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat; add onion and sauté until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Turn heat to medium-high. Add prosciutto, mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté. Add wine and cook until it is almost completely reduced. Season with pepper to taste. Toss with hot, cooked bowtie pasta. Serve garnished with slices of cheese and fresh parsley.